Hi !

Kern Sibbald wrote:
Data length: 4294967276

Yes, 40+GB is really big.  I consider anything over 1GB big.

Actually that is 4GB :-)

Is something like this mentioned in the documentation btw ? I figure
other users could run into this problem.

The problem of running into table or database size limits is not discussed in the manual, but there is a bit of information on sizing your DB in the chapter(s) dealing with MySQL.

Yeh, we have other MySQL-DBs here on site that are well past the 10GB mark and no problems ... it just happened to me because i`m a Oracle-DBA and MySQL is still a big mystery to me :-) (Oracle is so easy compared to MySQL ;) )

Guess i won`t be running any backups tonight ... running a DB-Backup for safety and then i`m going to convert.

One crucial question i always forget to ask ...

Some of our backups get spooled first, on these i noticed that that bacula commits all the db-changes at once ... now what happens when a (non-spooling) backup is running and the table fills like it happened on the weekend ? Is the backup partially commited ? Or is a final commit to the database only done after the backup finished successfully ?

I`m fearing loose ends in my DB ...

Daniel Holtkamp                    Riege Software International GmbH
System Administration                                   Mollsfeld 10
40670 Meerbusch, Germany                     Phone: +49-2159-9148-41
mail: holtkamp [at] riege.com                Fax:   +49-2159-9148-11