It seems the driver "hung". After rebooting the server it un"BLOCKED" the drive
and all is well.

>>> "Chris Boyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/14/05 5:02  >>>
I suppose it could be but the last backup job didn't run for no apparent reason
and the restore job is only two files. I let it run for an hour and it never
copied anything over.
I mount and unmount and it doesn't give me any errors. Only when I go into
status in director for storage.

On Monday 14 November 2005 15:47, Chris Boyd wrote:
> The tape is in the drive.

Yea, well, I was really dumb. I didn't look at the message.  It appears that
you may have started a backup job rather than a restore job because it says
it is waiting for appendable media.  Of course, the message could be wrong.

I'll leave this to the list to answer ...

> *version
> hq-dir Version: 1.36.3 (22 April 2005)
>
> Thanks

> On Monday 14 November 2005 14:22, Chris Boyd wrote:
> > I'm getting this message when trying to run a restore from director.
>
> Put the tape in the drive before you run the job. You may have more luck.
> In the future, please always include the version of Bacula that you are
> running. It makes a *big* difference in many cases.
>
> > "Device status:
> > Device "/dev/nst0" is mounted with Volume "2_friday"
> >     Device is BLOCKED waiting for appendable media.
> >     Total Bytes Read=64,512 Blocks Read=1 Bytes/block=64,512
> >     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
> > Archive "FileStorage" is not open or does not exist."
> >
> > list media:
> >
> >    14 | 2_friday    | Used      |  81,287,903,897 |       83 |
> > 31,536,000
> >
> > |       1 |    0 |         1 | SDLT      | 2005-11-05 01:37:36 |
> >
> > vim /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
> >
> > # Default pool definition
> > Pool {
> >   Name = Default
> >   Pool Type = Backup
> >   Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
> > Volumes AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
> >   Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
> >   Accept Any Volume = yes             # write on any volume in the pool
> >   Volume Use Duration = 23h           # Tape can only be used for 23
> > hours from first write. Label Format = "Vol-"

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V