I'm in the process of making couple of adjustments to bacula.spec file.  This is
the list of changes that I think might be worth incorporating into official
bacula.spec file.  If Scott and Kern like them, that is ;-)

On Red Hat and look-alikes (rhl*, rhel*, centos4, fedora*), do not build mtx.
mtx package is already part of distribution.  Instead, put mtx package into
"Requires".  This resolves conflicts if mtx package is already installed on the
system.  If for whatever reason Bacula needs it's own version of mtx, I guess
the right thing to do would be to build and install mtx in bacula specific
location (much like sqlite is built and installed).  BTW, newer versions of
centos (starting with centos 4.2) and newer fedoras have sqlite package
(3.x.x), so same change could be done in that department too?

Add defines for dir_daemon_user, sd_daemon_user, and fd_daemon_user, plus couple
of lines of code to create users if they don't exist (much like daemon_group).
Set dir_daemon_user and sd_daemon_user to bacula, and fd_daemon_user to root.
Director doesn't really need to run as root.  Storage daemon on most systems
doesn't need either.  For non-root storage daemon, either the ownership of
directory/device can be adjusted on system level, or bacula user can be placed
in appropriate group to give it access to storage device(s).

Add '--with-*-password' set of options to configure.  Storing something that
looks like real passwords into default configuration files makes people lazy.
Probably nobody really wants to use default passwords from RPM file anyhow.
Also it doesn't make any sense.  Next time packages are rebuilt, the passwords
in them are going to be different anyhow (and not valid, unless all servers and
clients are running exactly same OS and are all updated to new version).  I used
--with-dir-password="Replace with Director's password [`openssl rand -base64
16`]" (and simmilary for other with-*-password options).  This would generate
config files where it would be obvious what password goes where and obvious
that you should change Password lines, with some randomness between builds for
lazy people.

That's all for now.  Let me know if you guys like any of those changes...