Hi,

to be honest, I'm quite confused by this topic myself :)

Still, I'd like to put some of my NetWorkerized logic out for
discussion, I don't know if this is implementable, though.
Maybe You've been thinking this through already and it's not
achieving what is needed, I'm not sure. But it appears simple.

on NetWorker I have locations for a tape, i.e. JukeboxA, JukeboxB
and offsite.

I'd define a max of one bacula volume per external device, and
have some little tweak to automatically [u]mount the filesystem and
mark the volume off/on-site, maybe just using a modified manual-changer
script. I can't see why bacula should care about the *filesystem* it's
having a volume inside, having a location USB-stick-is-in-my-pocket
is more natural a concept from my point of view.

Florian

[*]Maybe someone with some more insight should look at the nsr-dvd
support available on sourceforge.