I've just started experimenting with new TLS feature.  One thing that almost
immediattely popped out.

It would be good to have "TLS Allowed DN" and "TLS Allowed Peer Certificate"
options (or something shorter for the second one).

The first option (TLS Allowed DN) would be there since CN might not be unique
enough (actually, I was a bit surprised that initial implementation was
checking the CN, not DN).  Especially on sites that already use TLS for other
things and have established nameing conventions.  The CN field often contains
only host name, and it is common practice that it is shared by all certificates
issued for services running on that host (for example, web server and bacula
file daemon running on same machine might have different certificates, signed
by same CA with same CN).  On the other hand, DN is uniqe within single CA.  It
would be nice if the CA DN could also be specified (that would solve uniqeness
problem in case when there is several trusted CAs).

It would be nice if it was possible to match only on part of DN (for example,
like in Apache configuration file).  But I guess this would additionally
complicate things (although, I guess for some people it would be usefull
feature).

The second option (TLS Allowed Peer Certificate) would allow usage of
self-signed certificates for authentication.  Setting up CA might be too much
to ask for small sites.  Using the "TLS Allowed Peer Certificate", server would
check if the file pointed by that option contains same certificate (public key)
as the one that client presented.