Landon Fuller wrote:
Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

If client certificate for bconsole is passhprase protected, there is a prompt
displayed to enter the passphrase. Then bconsole hangs. Ctrl-C doesn't work. The only way to get out is to kill it from another terminal.

# bconsole
Connecting to Director backup.foobar.com:9101
Passphrase for Director "backup-dir" TLS private key:  <- hangs right here

The PEM passphrase callback makes use of getpass(). getpass() will read
from and write directly to /dev/tty. If the process has no controlling
TTY (eg, after calling setsid()), getpass() will write to stderr and
read the password from stdin.

Can you tell me more about your environment? Are you trying to pipe a
password to bconsole? The code works fine here (I tested on Mac OS X and
FreeBSD.):

It was just standard Linux box (CentOS 4 distribution, basically RHEL 4 recompiled from sources). No fancy invocations, no pipeing. I just typed "bconsole", it prompted me for passphrase and hang there.