Someone asked me what types of installations are using Bacula as their
main backup system.  I didn't know of any such experience reports, and
so I thought I'd describe the installation where I'm using Bacula, and
see what other types of setups are in use.  Here goes...

I've been using Bacula for a few months now to back up a couple dozen
Linux and Solaris servers and workstations holding about 4TB of data.
We perform daily backups to a changer holding two LTO tape drives.
The tapes are rated at 400GB each, and we actually get between 400 and
700 GB on each, depending on the compressibility of the data.  The
only problems that I've encountered have all been of the "climbing the
learning curve" variety, and I hope that those days are behind me.
We're currently considering expanding to another similar installation,
and moving our Mac and MS backups over to Bacula.

-- John Kodis.