Quoting Aleksandar Milivojevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

This is about one problem I have, and there's also a patch attached which might be good to incorporate into future version of Bacula.

I'm in the middle of migrating Bacula database from PostgreSQL to MySQL, and got into kind of trouble because of different constraints on the columns in those two databases.

The job table has columns poolid and filesetid defined as NOT NULL in MySQL, but there is no such constraint in PostgreSQL. Also, Bacula utilizes foreign keys with MySQL, but not with PostgreSQL. Simmilary, sqlite and sqlite3 backends also utilize foreign keys. While I was running on PostgreSQL, I got some entries in job table with those columns set to NULL. Of course, migration is failing on those.

BTW, looking a bit more, there are some other places where PostgreSQL data definitions are more relaxed then MySQL data definitions. For example, starttime and endtime in job table are NOT NULL in MySQL, but not in PostgreSQL (and of course, I got some NULLs in my database). Probably would be good thing to compare data definitions for three backends line-by-line and make them consistent.