On 26 Feb 2006 at 16:17, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> I have come to the point where I've started testing the configuration
> files. However, the first test fails:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] conf]# ../bin/bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf
> 26-Feb 15:57 bacula-dir:  Fatal error: Could not open database "bacula".
> 26-Feb 15:57 bacula-dir:  Fatal error: mysql.c:170 Unable to connect to
> MySQL server.
> Database=bacula User=bacula
> It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.
> 26-Feb 15:57 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
> Please correct configuration file: bacula-dir.conf
>
> Is there any log somewhere which could tell me why the database "bacula"
> could not be opened?

You could increase the debugging level by adding "-d 99" or something
similar.

Is MySQL running?

Please show us the Catalog resource from bacula-dir.conf

Can you connect to mysql on the command line using the parameters in
the Catalog resource?

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php