I use logical volume to backup Lotus Notes environment.
A RunBeforeClient script stops Domino, generate a snapshot of the volume in which there are the databases, mount it under a different mount point and restart Domino. It takes no more than 3/4 minutes.
The FileSet obviously include the snapshot filesystem, not the running one.
A RunAfterClient script destroys the snapshot at the backup end, after some hours.

If you need details ask me, I will send them.

Ferdinando Pasqualetti
G.T.Dati srl
Tel. 0557310862 - 3356172731 - Fax 055720143

Gregory Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Inviato da: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

25/02/2006 03.19

Per
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
CC
Oggetto
Re: [Bacula-users] Anyone knows about backing up Notes Domino databases (*.nsf) with bacula?

Jo wrote:
> Christoff Buch schreef:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> what I need to know is:
>>
>> Can they be backed up with bacula while opened?
> What we do is to stop the Notes service at 1am. Then zip all the nsf
> files and then restart the Notes service. Then Bacula comes by and backs
> up the zipped files, while skipping the active nsf files.

Another, potentially faster, strategy is to use rsync to duplicate the
files to another location while Notes is stopped and then back up
from the duplicated area (meaning you are free to restart Notes).
rsync only copies changed data, so the time period that Notes is stopped
should be fairly short.  Note, however, that this will double your disk
usage.

Greg