On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:08:43AM +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> It looks like you have turned off utf-8, which will create a
> database that is incompatible with the Win32 consoles, which expect
> all Bacula database information to be in utf-8 format (Unicode).

A few weeks ago I mentioned another problem that this same character
set mismatch caused for me (see "[Bacula-devel] A Pair of Postgres
Issues", Jan 14).  There I suggest the use of the --encoding option
when creating the database tables as a work-around for the problems
that I encountered.

Given that the UTF-8 character set is a requirement for Bacula, it
seems like it would be a good idea to force this by adding "--encoding
utf-8" to the Postgres database creation script, and whatever the
equivalent is to the scripts for the other databases.

-- John Kodis.