Thanks for the report Mark.  I'm glad to hear that Bacuview is working
well for you in a production installation, particularly since I don't
use MySQL in production, and so have only a small dummy MySQL database
to test against here.

Since Fedora Core 5 was released a couple days ago, I'll go through a
complete installation of Bacuview on that platform, and insure that
I've addressed the rough spots in the installation instructions that
you've reported.

I've had other requests for some type of "query by filename" feature.
I'll probably put this in place in the not-too-distant future, but I
have a few other query clean-ups in mind that I'd like to get to
first.  As for extending this into a complete front-end for the
restoration process, at this point I'd prefer to stick with query and
reporting functions, and as you suggest, let bconsole and friends
handle the restores (but then, prior to a few months ago, I had no
idea that I'd be developing an application like Bacuview to begin
with, so you never know!)

-- John Kodis.