Bill Moran wrote:
We have a number of filesets that get backed up both to tape and to
disk.

For performance reasons, we'd like to have gzip turned off during tape
backups, but for space reasons: on during disk backups.

It doesn't look as if there's a way to specify such a thing, aside from
creating seperate filesets - customized for the backup media.  Am I
missing anything?

I do weekly full backups to tape and daily incrementals to disk, so I have the same issue. If I do create separate filesets, one with compression and one without, will the incrementals really work as incrementals or will the first one be promoted to full I wonder.

Mark