Hello Giuseppe,

i would suggest the second approach (mysqldump) because bacula is
using the database (the director) and if you stop mysql.....  :-))

btw... it's never a good idea to save the database-storage without
any procedure to lock databases before (and i don't know if there's
such procedure in mysql).

christian

--
"I sense much NT in you, NT leads to Blue Screen.
Blue Screen leads to downtime, downtime leads to suffering. NT is the path to

- Unknown Unix Jedi