On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:21:59PM +0200, Christoff Buch wrote:

> For me, it sounds like the whole concept of priorities is obsolete and job
> order has to be managed all by schedules.
> Right?
> I mean if priorities are only respected correctly as long as jobs are
> started (by schedules) in the according order (because bacula needs to
> examine them in just this order to be able to respect those priorities
> correctly) - what do I need priorities for????

The one thing that I use schedules for is taken directly from the
example configuration: running a catalog backup immediately after all
the client backups have completed.  While jobs at the same priority
seem to normally run in the order in which they get queued up, there's
no guarantee of this.  There is such a guarantee with priorities.

-- John Kodis.