Hello,

As you know, for some time, Bacula has been able to accept donations. In the
first few months (Sept - Nov 2005) we received a good number of donations
totaling something like $600.  However, since November there have been no
donations, with the exception of one large contribution for the migration
project (many thanks).

These donations come into a PayPal account which was originally opened in my
name, and now is attached to Bacula.  To facilitate future donations, and to
move the current money out of PayPal, I am planning to open a bank account
for Bacula (in the name Bacula) here.

I have looked at creating a foundation and other such structures for Bacula,
but all are complicated, expensive ($2000 - $5000 to start), and require lots
of paper work.  Considering the rather modest amounts of money, such a
venture would be a waste of time and cost more than the current donation
totals.

As an alternative, I can create an association, which here in Switzerland, is
something I can do myself, has almost no administration, and is relatively
simple to do.  To open a bank account, I need only a set of articles of
association, which define the objective of the association and the persons
who are the directors of the association.  These articles of association can
also include any special considerations, such as restrictions, who can be
members, ...  Certain documents for the bank account will be in French since
that is the official language here.  However, the articles of association
will be written in English.

I intend to create these articles of association for Bacula, which is the
reason I am writing this email.  I can, of course, do it myself, but I would
much rather have the participation and input of the Bacula users.

If anyone would like to help with this or participate in it, please let me
know.  I suspect that we can create our articles of association from numerous
examples of such documents that already exist for Open Source projects.

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V