On Thursday 08 June 2006 10:08, Chris Crowther wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I seem to have run across a problem when storing Full and
> Differential backups on tape and Incrementals on disk, when combined
> with re-running missed levels.
>
> If Bacula upgrades the job to either Full or Differential from an
> Incremental, because of a missed job, it tries to use the wrong
> storage device, ie it uses the File one that it would have been
> using for the Incremental job.
>
> It does change the Pool to the correct one, probably because I've
> told the Job which Pools are used for Full and Differential.  On a
> normal scheduled backup, without any problems, the storage is
> overriden within the Schedule (multiple jobs use the tape library
> for their Full and Differentials, but there's several Pools, so I
> set which Pool a job should be using in the Job then just modify the
> storage in the schedule).

Unfortunately Storage overrides in the Run directive do not work with Job
upgrades, and probably for you more unfortunately, it is not something that I
envision fixing.

In fact, I will probably remove Storage overrides from the Run directive in
some future version -- once 1.39.x is release since it provides a similar
(and better feature) by having Storage definitions within the Pool resource.

> Is it the case that you can't combine the two; or if you do you have
> to put up with a Full backup going to where an Incremental would?

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V