Title: Nachricht
Hello,

Is anybody running bacula-fd on machines that run Redhat 7.3? I´m afraid UTF8 was not the standard all the time on Unix Systems and changing to UTF8 is not as easy as specifying another "LANG" variable in /etc/sysconfig/i18n on older systems. We use a machine with LANG=en_US.iso885915 (RH7.3) that carry about ~190 GB data (for the moment) and is not so less used from different users (so searching and "hot" renaming all depending filenames would be...). There are older systems which may run older Redhat, and AIX 4.3 (LANG=en_US) too. If somebody is running bacula on RH 7.3 or AIX 4.3 and have an idea on howto handle Non-UTF8 data on this system please tell me too.

Are there other problems except the "empty folder problem" in wxconsole (Restore mode) caused by Non-UTF8 database entries - that would be caused by Non-UTF8 data?. I would be happy if at least wxconsole put some message out (crap-filenames or a warning) - to avoid stress if something important should be restored and it seems the hole folder (!) was not backed up (but I hope something is still backed up every time). We use bacula on windows-machines too and got NO problems there (even with "Umlauts") - so for the moment I think that older Windows (NT4) systems are making less problems than older Linux systems...

Greetings...
user100