In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> You mean the Volumes are on an NFS mounted partition?  or do you mean the
> data
> you are backing up?
>
> What counts is where the Volumes are.

The volumes are on a NFS mounted partition.

> If they are on NFS mounted partitions, then all bets are off.  If that is the
> case, you would be much better running a SD on the machine in question rather
> than using NFS.

Agreed. I will changed this. But I'd still like to know  how  such  a
failure mode is possible - this concerns me, not only for Bacula use.
BTW:  all  tests  with normal file I/O to files in the same direcotry
where the volumes are stored result in the expected "no  space  left"
errors.

May I re-ask:

> > BTW: are you still planning for a trip to Munich this summer?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NOTE: The  Most  Fundamental  Particles  in  This  Product  Are  Held
Together  by  a  "Gluing" Force About Which Little is Currently Known
and Whose Adhesive Power Can Therefore Not Be Permanently Guaranteed.