On Thursday 06 July 2006 12:55, Alan Brown wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Arno Lehmann wrote:
>
> (re mtx-changer)
>
> >> Is the changer script still using a preferred timeout by default??
> >
> > The current cvs version, at least, uses a default timeout of 15 seconds
> > and _not_ wait_for_drive.
>
> Kern, is there any compelling reason for not making wait_for_drive the
> default?

The problem is that it is "system" dependent, and so on some systems would
likely cause it to go into an infinite loop.  If someone really wanted to
work on it, and make the code test for systems where it is known to work,
that would be a good solution.

By the way, as I mentioned, I my spam filter went kaboom a week ago, so I am
getting a lot of spam, and worse, my "ham" (I dislike that term) is ending up
in the spam folder, so until I get this all sorted out, if you want to be
*sure* I see your email in a timely fashion, please copy me directly.

Regards,

Kern