As usual I forgot to send this from my subscribed address first time around:

Martin Simmons wrote:

>>> Do you know what caused the database corruption?  Was it a Bacula problem or
>>> the database itself?
>> Bacula. MySQL seems perfectly happy. Bacula has a number of symptoms which
>> make it unusable for a production system.
>
> Any idea what happened to cause the "More than one filename" problem?  It
> would be nice to fix Bacula if possible.
>
> __Martin

I think it could have its origins outside of Bacula. I'm backing up a
lot of Windows systems running Oracle and Java. Certainly some
Java applications (OC4J) seem to have some strange controls
over the file system, I also have problems with .Net  applications
on certain other systems where I get errors which nobody else
seems to get.

  1. Packet size too big (apparently fixed, but the fix doesn't help for me)
  2. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress, when trying to take a VSS
snapshot.

Since the Windows file system is a rather different beast from UNIX and
I've never had a sniff of a problem backing up our FreeBSD, Linux and
Solaris systems I'm inclined to suggest they are responsible. The 'more
than one file name' error doesn't tell me what file has more than one
name, although I think it is supposed to:

30-Jul 19:00 bacula-dir: backup-gdc055.2006-07-30_19.00.07 Warning:
sql_create.c:831 More than one Filename! 2 for file:

I believe the path to the file should be printed after the colon,
perhaps a valid file in Windows created somehow with a null/empty
name? It seems strange that it would happen on a number of
clients almost at the same time. In fact - this all started on 28th of
July, interestingly it seems to have originated on the system of a
.NET developer. After his initial backup it looks like pretty much
  all our developers systems started getting the same error message.

I can make the mail report from Bacula available to interested parties
but I'd rather not make it widely public. I've had a read but I don't
really know what to look for and frankly the log is rather odd, perhaps
even a red herring.

Very happy to work with interested parties on the issue, preferably in
private until the issue is resolved (if there is one).

Thanks,
Dominic