On Thursday 10 August 2006 06:41, Ian Levesque wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here was the situation this evening:
> I'm backing up to a 3-drive LTO2 autochanger. There were six jobs
> running, filling the max clients per drive (set at 2 concurrent jobs
> each). All were full backups using a "Fulls" pool.
>
> Then, one of the full backups completes, opening the door for an
> incremental that was waiting for about 24 hours to run. When it
> finally gets its chance, it throws a fatal error because the volume
> mounted is in the "Fulls" pool, and it wants to use the
> "Incrementals" pool.
>
> What I don't understand is 1) why it doesn't wait for the other job
> to complete, rather than dying and 2) why the job started to begin
> with if the director knew that the wrong tape was mounted for the job.
>
> Is this a bug? Expected behavior?

Hello,

If you are still having problems with this, it probably is worth looking at.
Please file a bug report, showing the Job output of failed jobs, and attach
your Dir and your SD conf files to the bug report.  Also, if you can, run the
jobs with -d400 on the command line, capture the debug output, and add it as
an attachment to the bug report.

This kind of bug (if it is one) is not easy to solve, so don't expect any
immediate resolution.

Regards,

Kern