Hi there,

Im looking for some help with a particular bacula problem Im having, any
advice is greatly appreciated...

Im using Bacula 1.36.2 with a Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8)  director and
a CentOS 4 (kernel 2.6.9) client.

Im trying to exclude certain sub-directories from a backup job. Ive
configured my bacula-dir.conf like so:

FileSet {
             Name = "Fileset_name"
             Include {
                           File = /wantthisone/right here/
             }
             Exclude {
                           File = excludethis
              }
}

However, the sub-directory "excludethis" is not being excluded! Ive
tried various permutations of this such as specifying the full pathname
etc. Im currently achieving the backup by using the Options, wilddir,
exclude = yes method, but I see this as a temporary measure rather than
a permanent solution.

Ive heard that bacula dosnt like being told to exclude too many objects.
I dont know if this extends to excluding single, but very large
directories (~700GB).

Thanks for any time you spend on my stoopid problem!

Yours Hopefully,
Kris Monstad