Hello bacula users!

I wonder if any of you have tried to encrypt your data (on a client-side)
using a symmetric algorithm (like AES). I know that -beta can perform signing
and encrypting data using asymmetric RSA keys, but AFAIK it's much more time
expensive way to encrypt data. And encrypting 300 MiB files takes time... ;-)

The best solution for me would be to have a symmetric key used to encrypt data
on a client which would be (the symmetric key) encrypted w/ asymmetric RSA
keys... but - first things first.

I know this mail might go to -devel as well, but i'd like to ask you - bacula
users - if you have any experience on this field. Eventually later on i'll
resend similar mail to -devel and i'll ask developers if they are
(eventually) going to add such feature to bacula.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

PS: if you have any experience w/ current (-beta) built-in data encryption in
bacula - let me know as well.

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace..." [KoRn]