On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 02:33:39PM +0200, Marco Strullato wrote:
> From: Marco Strullato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:33:39 +0200
> Subject: [Bacula-users] backup rotation
>
> hi all!
>
> I've set up backups with bacula to do full backup on sunday and incrental
> from monday to saturday. My backups are only on disks; I'd like to have one
> volume for job. Moreover I need automatic recycling of volumes so volumes
> should "rotate".
>
> I choose to have 8 volumes but maybe it is not necessary; At the beginning I
> set the pool parameter "Recycle" to "no" because Bacula used just one
> volume: with "no" bacula wrote me correctly a volume file for each job.
>
> After 8 backups all volumes are "Used" and any other backup is possible.
> Bacula correctly waits for a new volume.
> Today I change this directive to yes and re launch backup.
> Status of the 1st volume is change to "Purged" but backup does not start.
>
> I think I have done some mistakes in configuration. Can you help me?
> Pool configuration is the following. Do you need more configuration file?
>

> Pool {
>  Name = PoolRaffaello
>  Use Volume Once = yes
>  Pool Type = Backup
>  LabelFormat = "Raffaello-"
>  AutoPrune = yes
>  VolumeRetention = 7 days
>  Maximum Volumes = 8
>  Recycle = yes
>  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
> }

Looks like you are missing the "Recycle Oldest Volume"
parameter. Also, it might be a good idea to set the maximum volume use
duration to one day (see the docs) and not try limiting it by the
number of jobs.

Also remember that you'll need to "update pool from resource
definition" in bconsole once you've changed the pool resource.

HTH,

uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66 FAX: / 806 23 38