James Harper wrote:
>> In my opinion any 2.5" HDD enclosure will do the job.
>> They use laptop hdd's so they do not need additional power supply and
>> once disconnected they are more resistible to shocks.
>> As for performance it is slightly lower, but it should not be a
>>
> problem.
>
> The 2.5" drives are only available up to about 160gb, and the price is a
> bit steep up at that end. We are competing with the likes of LTO 400/800
> drives here...

If you have enough data to fill it LTO-3(400/800) will be better
solution even starting price is much higher.

Data writing speed is almost the same and price per MB is lower (1 tape
is 40% less than similar capacity ATA HDD)

Only plus is that hdd can be used many more times and it has random
access capability.

--
Hristo Benev
IT Manager