Janco van der Merwe wrote, sometime around 11/09/06 15:23:
> Yes but now you have to have a 3rd party app and requires subscription but
> Vodacom still has the e-mail to SMS but that is limited to 6 a day which will
> work but we are currently using the MTN network with our Zabbix which is on
> another machine and I hoped that there was a possibility that I could some
> how configure Bacula to use Zabbix which will solve this but I mean this is
> not a necessary thing just a nice to have, at least when jobs fail I have
> prior notice so that when my boss corners me I at least know and give him
> that all wonderful IT answer of " I know and I'm busy working on it"

You'll be needing a commandline application which can send an SMS, given
some text to send, and a number to send it to (this could be hardcoded
into the application).

Something like

./sendsms --to +4477123123123 "This is an SMS"

Once you have that, it's easy enough to interface to Bacula, in the same
way that job results are emailed.

You'll probably find the same tool useful for a bazillion other things
(pushing your bill up in the process :)

--
Russell Howe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]