Hi, I have an IBM LTO3 3581 autoloader on SuSE and the device to access the
autoloader is /dev/sg2
st*, nst* are for the tape drive using a driver.

The sg devices are "raw" scsi, accessible without any driver, so I can access
the autoloader this way:
/dev/sg1: Drive
/dev/sg2: Autoloader

Try these commands to get information:

cat /proc/scsi/sg/device_strs
sg_scan -i
scsiinfo -i /dev/sg2
scsiinfo -i /dev/sg1

Good luck!

El Martes, 12 de Septiembre de 2006 09:16, Janco van der Merwe escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to ask a really dumb question now, so please bear with me. We just
> bought a Dell Power Vault 124 with a LTO 3 now the problem is that I don't
> know what device the autoloader is specified in /dev.
>
> I have a nst0, nst0a, nst0l, nst0m as well as st0, st0a, st0l and st0m. At
> least I know what the difference between nst0 and st0 is but I don't know
> which one of the rest is the autoloader ???????
>
> The best thing is I just got to grips with Bacula and the AIT and now I have
> to do everything over again but this time on RHEL 4 and the Dell Autoloader,
> at least Bacula is easy but the hardware through a curve ball.
>
> HELP???????
>
> Janco v.d Merwe
> Network Administrator
> Dunns Stores (PTY) Ltd
> Switchboard: 011 541 3000
> Direct: 011 541 3007
> Fax: 086 632 1708

> This communication and any attachments are confidential and intended for the
> sole use of the
> intended recipient.  Any form of copying or disclosure of this communication
> to any third parties
> without permission is prohibited.  The contents of this communication and its
> attachments are
> not intended to be relied upon in law without subsequent written
> confirmation.  As such, Dunns
> Stores (Pty) Ltd accept no responsibility or liability (including negligence)
> for the consequences
> of anyone acting, or not acting, on information contained therein.
>
> If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately
> and destroy or
> delete it.

Cristóbal Sabroe Yde
[EMAIL PROTECTED]