On 9/21/06, Richard White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greetings all. We have been running bacula for a couple of years now
(presently on 1.36.3) and I have lurked in this forum off and on since
then. I did post some newbie questions back then as well.

My boss has tasked me with exploring the GUI consoles and showing them
to him so he can decide which one (and whether, I suppose) we want to
use. Thus far I have used bconsole and the WXwidgets console, but he
would prefer a gui.

When I installed Bacula, I did so enabling the gnome console. It runs,
but there is a problem. When I select the Run item from the menu bar, an
interactive window pops up offering me Job, Client, Fileset, Level, etc.
Each of these lines is blank, of course, and there is a drop-down button
to the right of each one. Pressing this button reveals a blank list,
however, and the line accepts no input from the keyboard. I know it is
connecting to the director, though, because the Command: line works just
like bconsole.

At least for me the run command in gnome console was blank until I upgraded to 1.38.X. Since then it works well and I use it all the time on the linux side and I use wxWidgets on the windows side.

John