On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 09:30:20PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> I'm not convinced the indexes are the same. Some people say yes, some say no,
> and it seems to be also dependent on whether one is talking about MySQL as
> you are or PostgreSQL.  The best solution is to test for your particular
> case.

Hi Kern et al.,

the new index sadly has done nothing to speed up the pruning process,
so for now the only solution seems to be using the "purge oldest
volume" directive in our pool definition in order to get the recycling
to work reliably.

Please don't obsolete that statement any time soon, ok? ;-)

All the best & thanks for your help,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66 FAX: / 806 23 38