On 25 Sep 2006 at 15:45, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:

> While googling I've found this:
> http://groups.google.it/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/34e9ffb7d8d2a1ea/1ae2be653af8e4d8%231ae2be653af8e4d8
> Maybe my problem is connected to this bug?
> I don't have a bacula unix user though, and I don't need it.

http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Bacula_Security_Issues.html mentions
that it is not necessary to run Bacula as root.  Best practice
dictates that if something does not have to run as root, it should
not run as root.  Do as you wish.

> How can I be sure bacula is using the correct credentials I specified in the
> conf file?

Test it.  Configure PostgreSQL such that it accepts connections only
from that which you specify.

Or you could monitor the connections.  PostgreSQL allows you to
monitor connections.  There are several ways to do this.

You can also issue the "select * from pg_stat_activity ;" query in
psql.  You also need to set "stats_command_string = on" in
postgresql.conf

See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config-
statistics.html

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php