Attila Fülöp wrote:
> Enable VSS = "yes"
>
> works for me. FreeBSD / 1.38.5 from ports.
>
> Bill Moran wrote:
>> Just a "me too".  I can verify that I'm having the same problem with
>> a 1.38.10 director on FreeBSD (installed from ports).

>>>     I' new with bacula and i'm having some difficults in enable VSS for
>>> Windows 2003.
>>> I'm using Gentoo, kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r7 and Bacula Version 1.36.3 on
>>> server, and bacula-fd 1.38.10 on Windows 2003 Server.
>>>
>>> When I open the tray icon on Windows i have this:
>>> servername-fd Version: 1.38.10 (08 June 2006) VSS Windows Server 2003
>>> MVS NT 5.2.
>>>
>>> I already started VSS in the Windows server using: net start vss. And
>>> also restarted the FD.
>>>
>>> My FileSet are this:
>>> FileSet {
>>>   Name = "Promedonserver2"
>>>   Enable VSS = yes
>>>   Include {
>>>     Options {
>>>       Compression=GZIP6
>>>       signature = MD5
>>>       }
>>>     File = "d:/backup"
>>>   }
>>> }
>  >>
>>> When i try to start bacula-dir i got this message:
>>>
>>> backupserver bacula # /etc/init.d/bacula restart
>>>  * Starting bacula storage daemon ...
>>>  * Starting bacula file daemon ...
>>>  * Starting bacula director ...
>>> 19-Sep 18:21 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:821
>>> Config error: Keyword "EnableVSS" not permitted in this resource.
>>> Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
>>>             : line 184, col 13 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>>>   Enable VSS = yes
>>>
>>> I alredy verified my conf looking for some trailing brace open and tried
>>> to use only one FileSet for test but i didn't found anything.
>>>
>>> I've looked at google and bacula site but i didn't find anything too. If
>>> i skipped something on google or bacula site, please let me know!
>>>
>>> Thanks for help!

## This fails
FileSet {
   Name = "Elwood-esmonitor1"
   Include {
       Options {
             compression=GZIP
             signature=SHA1
             portable = yes
             Enable VSS = yes
                }
       File = "C:\\bacula"
       File = "C:\\mrtg"
       }
}

bash-2.05b# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/900-bacula.sh restart
27-Sep 12:53 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at inc_conf.c:592
Config error: Keyword EnableVSS not permitted in this resource
             : line 141, col 23 of file /usr/local/etc/bacula-elwood.conf
             Enable VSS = yes

bash-2.05b# bconsole -c bconsole.conf
Connecting to Director 10.0.240.200:49001
1000 OK: director-dir Version: 1.38.5 (18 January 2006)

bash-2.05b# uname -a
FreeBSD director.tls.net 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #1: Tue Mar 14
13:18:57 EST 2006
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/DIRECTOR  i386

I moved the Enable VSS = yes up out of options and quoted the yes and
now it works, at least the director starts. I mistakenly believed when
the docs stated to add "Enable VSS = yes" to my fileset it would be an
option. Apparently not.

## This works
FileSet {
   Name = "Elwood-esmonitor1"