On 2 Oct 2006 at 16:57, Albert Ferran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to test bacula with encryption following this instructions
> http://www.bacula.org/dev-manual/Bacula_Data_Encryption.html, but its
> impossible for me.
>
> I'm using bacula-1.38 source compiled with OpenSSL support, my bacula-fd
> file in the client side is as follows:
>
> #
> # Default  Bacula File Daemon Configuration file
> #
> #  For Bacula release 1.38.11 (28 June 2006) -- redhat Enterprise 3.0
> #
> # There is not much to change here except perhaps the
> # File daemon Name to
> #
>
> #
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = server-dir
>   Password = "pepe"
> }
>
> #
> # "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
> #
> FileDaemon {                          # this is me
>   Name = client-fd
>   FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
>   WorkingDirectory = /var/bacula
>   Pid Directory = /var/run
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>
>   PKI Signatures = Yes            # Enable Data Signing
>   PKI Encryption = Yes            # Enable Data Encryption
>   PKI Keypair = "/etc/bacula/fd-example.pem"    # Public and Private Keys
>   PKI Master Key = "/etc/bacula/master.cert"    # ONLY the Public Key
> }
>
> # Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
> Messages {
>   Name = Standard
>   director = server-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
> }
>
> But when I try to start the client, rises this error:
>
> Starting the Bacula File daemon
> 02-Oct 14:53 bacula-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:853
> Config error: Keyword "PKISignatures" not permitted in this resource.
> Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
>             : line 37, col 15 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
> PKI Signatures = Yes
>
> Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what

I suspect the features you are using are only available in CVS, not
released code, such as 1.38.  I conclude that with this Google search
which shows only the dev-manual: "PKI Signatures" site:bacula.org

If you want the latest CVS snapshot, you can get it from
http://www.langille.org/bacula-snapshot.tgz

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php