Thanks Martin. I think that is probably what I did wrong. I am in the
process of starting over and running 7-8 script  then 8-9 script.  I'll let
you know.

Thank you.

Todd Davis

             Martin Simmons
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             bacula-users-boun                                          cc
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net,
             orge.net                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Bacula-users] upgrade from
             10/02/2006 02:04          1.34 to 1.38
             PM

> On 2 Oct 2006 at 9:10, Todd R Davis wrote:
>

> > I am trying to move our DLT8000 library off one machine and on to
another.
> > At the same time I am wanting to upgrade bacula from ver. 1.34 to 1.38.
> > have used mysqldump to move the database  over and everything seems to
go
> > successful.  From bconsole I can view the previous ran jobs and so on
but
> > when I try to run a backup job or even do a "status dir" I receive
many,
> > although similar, error messages. They look like this:
> >
> > 02-Oct 08:49 debian0-dir: sql_get.c:857 SELECT

MediaId,VolumeName,VolJobs,VolFiles,VolBlocks,VolBytes,VolMounts,VolErrors,VolWrites,MaxVolBytes,VolCapacityBytes,MediaType,VolStatus,PoolId,VolRetention,VolUseDuration,MaxVolJobs,MaxVolFiles,Recycle,Slot,FirstWritten,LastWritten,InChanger,EndFile,EndBlock,VolParts,LabelType,LabelDate,StorageId

> >  FROM Media WHERE MediaId=71
> > 02-Oct 08:49 debian0-dir: *Console*.2006-10-02_08.49.24 Error: Media
record
> > for MediaId=71 not found in Catalog.
> >
> > This error repeats itself several times each with a different MediaId=
#

> > Old machine:
> > SLES 9.2
> > mysql 4.0.24
> > bacula 1.34
> >
> > New machine:
> > Debian 31r3
> > mysql 4.0.24
> > bacula 1.38
> >
> > I am wondering what this means and if there are more steps to take in
> > upgrading from 1.34 to 1.38.  I have tried to follow documentation.
> > Thank you.
>
> I think you missed the database upgrade.  Look for the script:
> update_bacula_tables.
>
> Location will vary from OS to OS, and I don't know where Debian puts
> it.  For FreeBSD, look in /usr/local/share/bacula

I think he must have done that already, because otherwise bacula would fail
on
startup with a database version error.

The problem may be that moving from 1.34 (database version 7) to 1.38
(database version 9) almost certainly requires two update scripts, 7_to_8
followed by 8_to_9.  Only the 8_to_9 is installed as update_bacula_tables,
so
the 7_to_8 script has to be taken from the updatedb directory of the source
tree.

__Martin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail and the files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and that any
use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and
deleting it from your computer.