In my experience big volumes get poor performance if you have jurnalling
active. I use 40 Gb volumes (limited by Maximum Volume Size) mounting
archive file systems as EXT2 instead of EXT3 (a possible fsck of file
system with a few big files is very fast and volume files open in writing
during a backup are useless anyway) adn performance does not depend any
more on file size (at least I cannot appreciate it).

Ferdinando Pasqualetti
G.T.Dati srl
Tel. 0557310862 - 3356172731 - Fax 055720143

Rudolph Bott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Inviato da: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
06/10/2006 17.34
Per favore, rispondere a
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Per
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
CC

Oggetto
[Bacula-users] Split Volume Files

Hey There,

does anybody know if it is possible to let bacula split volume files
when you use disk storage? We think it might have a big impact on
performance when you tell bacula to have several files with the size
of...let's say 5gb each instead of one huge 230gb file.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with kind regards
  Rudolph Bott

Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH  Karstr.25  41068 Moenchengladbach
Tel: 02161/308980   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       ftp://megabit.net
Fax: 02161/3089818  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://megabit.net