We are using the Bacula FD on one 64 bit Windows Workstation (XP)
we used the same exe as for the 32 bit windows and it works without
problems.

Troy Daniels wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We are looking at introducing 6 new Windows 2003 Enterprise 64 Servers
> into our business in the not too distant future.
> As the rest of the servers (Mostly Redhat EL3 with a few FreeBSD boxes
> and a couple of 32 bit Windows servers) are backed up using Bacula we
> intend to use it on these new beasts as well.
>
> Has anyone had experience running Bacula under 64 bit windows? Are 64
> bit binaries needed and/or available for Bacula? We'd only need to run
> File Daemons on the new boxes with backups getting done from our
> existing Director.
>
> We are currently running 1.38.5 but I'm planning on upgrading to 1.40
> when it comes out (If I had more time, I'd be upgraded to the latest
> 1.39 Beta version already to help testing it)
>
> Also, if anyone has any information on known limits in the Windows
> Bacula client (Path lengths, etc) that would be good - one of the other
> staff here has vague recollections of a maximum path length of 164
> characters for restores.
>
> Any and all information appreciated,
>
> Cheers,
>

> Troy Daniels
> Systems Administrator
> iTouch Australia (pty) ltd.

It is MDT, Inc's policy to delete mail containing unsolicited
file attachments.  Please be sure to contact the MDT staff
member BEFORE sending an e-mail with any file attachments;
they will be able to arrange for the files to be received.

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error,
please advise [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Philip W. Dalrymple III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
MDT Software - The Change Management Company
+1 678 297 1001
Fax +1 678 297 1003