> Kern Sibbald wrote:
>>> In answer to your question about packaging the regression tests:
>>>
>>> Once we release version 1.40 Kern is planning on moving from CVS to
>>> Subversion and changing the build process from "configure" based to
>>> CMake.
>>>
>>> At that time we will probably also switch to CMake's regression test
>>> framework.  It has built-in support for tracking the results of builds
>>> and
>>> tests.  All the information is made available through a web interface.
>>> haven't had time to play with it yet but it look really cool and quite
>>> useful.

>>> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Josh
>>> Fisher
>>> Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 8:27 AM
>>> To: Kern Sibbald
>>> Cc: bacula-users
>>> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula status

>>> testing,

>>> This

>>> could

>>> Is it possible to package the regression scripts? Standardized
>>> regression scripts (if possible) along with a web based form or mailing
>>> list for posting the results of those tests would make it easier for
>>> users with various hardware/platforms to participate in the testing.

>>> so

>>> governing

>>> documentation

>>> is

>>> at

>>> When you investigated this previously there was some trouble contacting
>>> the FSF Europe. I take it you have now been in contact with them and
>>> they can at least help determine which Swiss structure is better for a
>>> structure that is going to own copyrights, yes?
>>>

>> Yes, I was able to meet with Georg Greve of FSF Europe.
>>

>>> I am in total agreement
>>> with your reasoning, but the copyright ownership issues frighten me.
>>> Being a US citizen, I am conditioned to think of this as a major legal
>>> issue requiring legal council.
>>>

>> Transferring a copyright is rather trivial, but what are your concerns
>> about the copyright ownership?
>>

> Nothing specific. Just paranoia due to my ignorance regarding legal
> issues. In my experience, the companies I've worked for hired lawyers to
> handle the copyrights. And though it's a different matter altogether,
> I've observed a group of scientists that I work for spend a great deal
> of money and time keeping their patent and trademark portfolio in order.
> Ignorance causes fear.

OK, I understand. As I said, my goal is to set Bacula up so that the
copyright, license, and trademark are well looked after and that the
copyright is not in just my name. One reason for the change is that Bacula
is becoming a big project, and I hope to make it so that big companies
have even more confidence in Bacula, its copyright and license.

If all goes well -- i.e. if I don't lose my Internet connectivity during
my stay in Mexico, I will "officially" announce the details of the changes
around the 1st of November and give Bacula users about 2 weeks to comment
on them before anything definitive happens.

Best regards, Kern