Hello,

As you probably have seen, there is a bug in the BETA version of Bacula
when encryption is used in combination with other options such as
compression or sparse files. This bug makes the backed up data unreadable.

Robert Nelson has summarized the problematic cases (see below), and
supplied a fix.

If I understand Robert's email correctly, this means that if you have
encrypted volumes using additional options (see below), they are
unreadable. We are proposing that the short term workaround is to remove
any additional options you may have and re-backup your data. In the medium
term (about a week), we will release an updated beta with Robert's fixes
(or you can pull them from the current CVS).

As Robert indicates, it could be possible to recover the data in some
circumstances, but we are not planning to implement this.

If you have any problems with this procedure, now is the time to speak up.

Again, this involves only the BETA Bacula and encryption with additional
options (Robert, please correct me if I am mistaken ...)

Best regards, Kern