Good morning,

What little time I have to work with the new Bacula install has gone
well. I have all my clients working, baculaups are running fine.
Thanks for the help with the messages resource, my messages are working
as we wanted now.

I wanted to test a restore before turning off my old Bacula install and
I can't seem to find the files! Oddly, everything appears to be working
fine. The restore process functions, I find the file and mark it,
messages show the restore is running, I get a completion notice showing
the file restored. But when I look in my bacula-restores directory there
is nothing there.

Perms on bacula-restores are bacula:bacula

bash-2.05b# ls -la /data/bacula-restores/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  2 bacula  bacula  512 Jul 10 14:01 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 bacula  bacula  512 Oct 11 14:28 ..

The default restore job is unchanged from the install other than the
restore location.

# Standard Restore template, to be changed by Console program
#  Only one such job is needed for all Jobs/Clients/Storage ...
#
Job {
   Name = "RestoreFiles"
   Type = Restore
   Client = director-fd
   FileSet="Full Set"
   Storage = director
   Pool = Default
   Messages = Standard
   Where = /data/bacula-restores
}

I find the file and mark it, I mod the 'When' param, I mod the 'Storage'
param, and run the job. Checking status from bconsole shows the job
running just fine. The job notification is below,

08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: Start Restore Job
RestoreFiles.2006-11-08_10.39.34
08-Nov 08:29 storage2-sd: Ready to read from volume
"Inc-tls-intra-data-0001" on device "FileStorage-tls-intra-data"
(/data/backups/tls/intra-data).
08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: Bacula 1.38.5 (18Jan06): 08-Nov-2006 10:39:39
   JobId:                  1211
   Job:                    RestoreFiles.2006-11-08_10.39.34
   Client:                 tls-intra-fd
   Start time:             08-Nov-2006 10:39:36
   End time:               08-Nov-2006 10:39:39
   Files Expected:         1
   Files Restored:         1
   Bytes Restored:         28,059
   Rate:                   9.4 KB/s
   FD Errors:              0
   FD termination status:  OK
   SD termination status:  OK
   Termination:            Restore OK

08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: Begin pruning Jobs.
08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: No Jobs found to prune.
08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: Begin pruning Files.
08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: No Files found to prune.
08-Nov 10:39 director-dir: End auto prune.

But there is no file in /data/bacula-restores! I've no problems
restoring on my previous Bacula installs. The *one* difference is my
other Bacula installs all have the director, sd, and fd on the same
server with the backup storage on mirrored drives. This install has a
central director with two storage servers and multiple clients.

I read through the manual thoroughly, or so I thought. Do I need to do
something different for this configuration?

Thanks,

DAve

Veterans?