On Friday 03 November 2006 15:32, Bill Moran wrote:

> Bacula seem not to understand that today is week 44 of the year.
> It seemed to understand that last week was week 43, as it ran the
> job that was scheduled for that week.  Here's the schedule that
> applies:
>
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=OffSite Storage=Ultrium thursday
w03,w07,w11,w15,w19,w23,w27,w31,w35,w39,w43,w47,w51 at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=OffSiteRotation Storage=Ultrium thursday
w01,w02,w04,w05,w06,w08,w09,w10,w12,w13,w14,w16,w17,w18,w20,w21,w22,w24,w25,w26,w28,w29,w30,w32,w33,w34,w36,w37,w38,w40,w41,w42,w44,w45,w46,w48,w49,w50,w52,w53

at 23:05

> Server date/time seems correct:
> *time
> 03-Nov-2006 09:16:47
>
> Bacula insists that it needs a volume from the "OffSite" pool.  As a
> result, 240G of backups failed to run last night, and I'm having to
> manually run/modify them this morning (because the tape I need to use
> is part part of the OffSiteRotation pool, in accordance with our
> schedule).  Is there something wrong with my schedule that I'm simply
> not seeing?
>
> A much more important question to me is "How do I diagnose this?"  How
> can I peek in to Bacula and see what week it thinks it is?  bconsole's
> time command isn't very helpful on this count.

Currently, there is no simple way to know what week Bacula thinks it is in.
However, you can turn on debug mode and see:
1. if your week specification was correctly scanned
2. possibly see what Bacula is doing when it is checking what Backup to do
(i.e. checking the time/date specifications).

You could probably simpify your long week specification a small bit by using
ranges.