Kern,
    This is not a bug.... i think. Bacula is not capable of doing what I
want.
    Making it simple....
    I want that ONLY messages regarding successful backups go to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], right?
    When a job starts, bacula send the message : 10-Nov 17:37
bserver-dir: Start Backup JobId 1605, Job=Job.GSI04.2006-11-10_17.37.30
    Since this is a info message (msgtype = M_INFO) the "bacula's
messaging system" put in on the job messages (jcr->jcr_msgs) to be sent
to all dest that have the info type enabled (including [EMAIL PROTECTED]).
    But when/if the job fails, that message (10-Nov 17:37 bserver-dir:
Start Backup JobId 1605, Job=Job.GSI04.2006-11-10_17.37.30) has already
been queued to be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], even though it refers to a
unsuccessful backup.
    So when its time to send all messages to emails, the "bacula's
messaging system" send that message (10-Nov 17:37 bserver-dir: Start
Backup JobId 1605, Job=Job.GSI04.2006-11-10_17.37.30) to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], but using the subject "bacula ERROR", because the job
terminated unsuccessful.

    This "problem" could also happen if I wanted bacula to send emails
regarding unsuccessful backups, if i didnt use the MailOnError feature.
This feature is implemented so that if messages that  where queued to be
sent if the backup was insuccessful, to be discarded if the backup is
successful.

    So what Im asking you is if  i can  implement a MailOnSuccess
feature to be used on the project.
    Once again, thanks.

Jaime Ventura
[Infra-estruturas e Comunicações]

Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida, 431
4200 - 072 Porto
Telef: +351 22 834 05 00 (04) - ext. 1641
Fax: +351 22 832 11 59

e-mail:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
url:    www.isep.ipp.pt <http://www.isep.ipp.pt>