On 11/24/06, Peter Crighton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:42:30 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It generally helps to read the manual in cases like this.  Here is a
short
>except from the manual that should pretty much explain it:

Hi,

I did read that and yes I understand it says don't use 512 byte
blocks, but that is the only way that I've managed to get it to work.

Did you use a blank tape when you tested bacula for the first time?

If not this is your problem. I do not believe  the  block size can be
changed once there is data on the tape.

you can fix this by rewinding the tape and writing an eof at the beginning
of the tape using

mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
mt -f /dev/nst0 weof

then I believe bacula can use the tape and set the block size.

John