How to know a job is ended ?
Is there a way to tell Bacula to use a compression something for the tape,
since they are 1.300 Gbytes capable ?

If you are putting more than 500 GB on a tape compression is definitely on.
So the question
is why don't you get 1.3 TB? The answer is that the drive is a 500GB drive
and you will get
1.3TB only if your data compressed 2.6:1 which in the real world is very
unlikely to actually
happen unless you are backing up only text files. I typically get 1.5:1 with
my data because
a lot of my data is already compressed and compressing data a second time
does not
usually yield a good compression rate on the second go. In a lot of cases it
actually works
against you and you get expansion.

John