Second, I think you got the wrong idea of the autochanger resource. You
want bacula to continue the job on another drive.
This is not the way autochangers work (not in bacula at least). Bacula
expects the next volume in the _same_ drive. AFAIK there is currently no
way to tell bacula to continue the job on another device. Correct me if
I'm
wrong..

You are correct about that. I believe Kern is working on this as there are
several other problems related to bacula wanting to stick to a single drive
in an autochanger for a job. One such problem is that when you start a
backup job and the wanted tape is in the second drive but bacula choose the
first drive to do the backup. The current operation bacula will unload any
tape from the first drive, then unload the tape from the second drive then
load the needed tape to the first tape.

John