-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Jones
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 8:50 AM
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows backup to network speed issues

I have a question on the speed of backing up Windows 2003/2000/XP boxes to
disk across the network.

For 2 windows boxes, here is the rates I am getting though it is the same
for all the windows boxes:
  Rate:                   432.1 KB/s
  Rate:                   528.4 KB/s

For the Linux boxes, here are 2 rates I am getting but again, it is the same
across all the Linux boxes:

  Rate:                   9556.8 KB/s
  Rate:                   8616.3 KB/s

I did a test on one of the 2003 server boxes backing up one file that was
about 13 gig in size.  The speed was as shown above for Windows boxes.
Using winSCP to copy that same file to the same box running Bacula, I have a
rate of 4000 KB/s.

Is the windows Bacula client slow?  Are others seeing better speeds?  I am
fairly new to Bacula so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian