I only briefly tested Arkeia back in the day. 2001 or thereabouts

Must say I liked some of the concepts, like savepacks, and the way you can
nest savepacks.

Also liked the concept of drivepacks, I seem to remember.

Third, I liked the idea of a schedule that had a concept of a hierarchy
built-in, and it would automatically cancel an incremental when a full was
scheduled at the same time. That way you didn't have to manually omit a day
in your incrementals. You could say "incremental every day", "differential
every Sat", "Full 1st Sat of month", with no other configurations, or
setting incrementals to skip sat, set diffs to skip 1st sat of every month
etc

I also liked the concept behind the backup browse times. In NetBackup you
need to tell it specific date and time. In Arkeia you had arrows or buttons
jumping back to each of the backup runs, without having to figure out when
it ran and adjust your browse time yourself. (That sure looks confusing when
I re-read it)

The interface was most confusing. Probably still is.

I also think pricing was confusing and outrageous

  _____