On Wednesday 17 January 2007 16:18, Alan Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
> > Yes, but what *I* would like is a tree like thing that shows me what files
> > have included on any particular system.
>
> So would I - the Legato Networker (Aka Solstice backup) interface would be
> a good starting point in terms of ease of operation.

I'm trying to implement this without looking at any specific existing
implementation.  On the other hand, specific suggestions are welcome.
As the project starts and advances, you will be able to easily see the
interface, and if we do it all with Designer, you can modify the layout of
the widgets quite easily if you wish them in a different position. We will
even have plugin modules that are "compiled" on the fly for those interfaces
that are rarely used.

> > I can then simply check directories at the the top of the tree and get
> > everything or walk down the tree and include/exclude what I want.
>
> Smilarly for restores, graphical representation of the restoration tree.
>
> When restoring an individual file, indicating multiple file versions is
> best done using a "deck of cards" style icon to show multiple dates/sizes
> are available.

I am zero with creating icons, so this might be a good place where a number of
people could contribute, and where you can easily customize it yourself
(simply change the icon file).