I'm doing some testing using v2.0.1 with a USB storage device.  In this case,
it
is an Iomega REV USB drive, but essentially, it could be any USB mass storage
device.

Here is the configuration for the SD:

Device {
   Name = "_REV-USB"
   MediaType = "Iomega REV, USB"
   ArchiveDevice = "/dev/scd0"
   LabelMedia = "yes"
   RandomAccess = "yes"
   AutomaticMount = "yes"
   RemovableMedia = "yes"
   AlwaysOpen = "yes"
   DeviceType = "File"
   RequiresMount = "yes"
   MountPoint = "/var/bacula/mnt/rev/usb"
   MountCommand = "/bin/mount %a %m"
   UnmountCommand = "/bin/umount %m"
   MaximumVolumeSize = 70GB
}

Note, I put the DeviceType = "File" because otherwise Bacula thinks it is a DVD
device and requires the "Write Command" directive.

I know you *could* put the 'ArchiveDevice' directive as the mountpoint (in this
case /var/bacula/mnt/rev/usb/), however, then you would required the user to
mount/umount the device, or use the RunBefore/After scripts.  Using the
similarities to DVD and the additional directives when "Requires Mount" = yes
is
so much more elegant.

The problem is that Bacula is trying to write to the device (/dev/scd0), rather
than the mount point.  The exact message when you try and label the volume is:

*********
   Connecting to Storage daemon _REV-USB at 192.168.2.185:9103 ...
   Sending label command for Volume "Default-0001" Slot 0 ...
   3910 Unable to open device "_REV-USB" (/dev/scd0): ERR=dev.c:482 Could not
     open: /dev/scd0/Default-0001, ERR=Not a directory

   Label command failed for Volume Default-0001.
   Do not forget to mount the drive!!!
*********

Has anyone got a USB mass storage device to work in 2.0.1?

Can anyone tell me if this is:

   a) Corrected by fixing my configuration
   b) Not an advised (or supported) method to mount USB mass storage devices
   c) An anomaly of the Iomega REV drive that is "part File, part DVD" in
      terms of how Bacula treats the device
   d) A bug

Thanks in advance.

Ben