I'm trying to test the restore functionality of our backup system
using bacula 1.38.11 under Yellow Dog Linux on an XServe G5.

Everything is working great, except for the restore time.  Building
the directory tree from the MySQL DB takes forever (2 hrs + ).
However this is normal, I *think*, due to the fact that the jobID I'm
selecting from is our whole filesystem, 45,000,000 files.

If only the option 11 under *restore all command worked recursively.
Although I would probably have the same problem if that were the case.

Do I just need to chop up the job into multiple jobs or are there
other ways to improve performance with this?  Also, is it possible
this is recursively following symbolic links and that's why it takes
so long?  What does "building the directory tree" do exactly?

Thanks

Nick

--
Nick Jones