On 23 Jan 2007 at 11:21, Christian Berthaud wrote:

> Hello,
> Thanks for answer.
> I use bacula to backup about 20 servers of all type (Sun HP IBM linux
> windows)
> Could you give me more information about VSS.

To locate this information, I used this query on Google:
site:www.bacula.org VSS

  http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/FileSet_Resource.html

> How could I restore files save with bacula on a machine on another machine.
> It happens if the notebooks has disappeared (broken or theft). I do not find
> any option in Bacula-dir.conf for restore job to do that. Maybe you a have
> instructions to do that.

Restores are generally done manually.  bacula-dir.conf usually
contains just one restore job.  You use it like this from within
bconsole:

*restore
[pick what you need to restore]
Building directory tree for JobId 12656 ...
Building directory tree for JobId 12692 ...
22 Jobs, 23,495 files inserted into the tree.

You are now entering file selection mode where you add (mark) and
remove (unmark) files to be restored. No files are initially added,
unless
you used the "all" keyword on the command line.
Enter "done" to leave this mode.

cwd is: /
$ mark *
25,069 files marked.
$ done
Bootstrap records written to /home/bacula/working/bacula-
dir.2.restore.bsr

The job will require the following Volumes:

   DLT7000-JYN236
   DLT7000-JYN237
   DLT7000-JYN238
   DLT7000-JYN239

25069 files selected to be restored.

Run Restore job
JobName:    RestoreFiles
Bootstrap:  /home/bacula/working/bacula-dir.2.restore.bsr
Where:      /tmp/bacula-restores
Replace:    always
FileSet:    Full Set
Client:     pepper-fd

[NOTE that you are restoring to pepper-fd, the client which was
selected for restore]

Storage:    DLT
When:       2007-01-23 07:33:17
Catalog:    MyCatalog
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): mod

[select mod to modify the existing job parameters]

Parameters to modify:
     1: Level
     2: Storage
     3: Job
     4: FileSet
     5: Client
     6: When
     7: Priority
     8: Bootstrap
     9: Where
    10: Replace
    11: JobId
Select parameter to modify (1-11): 5
The defined Client resources are:
     1: undef-fd
     2: xeon-fd
     3: laptop-fd
     4: laptop-wifi-fd
     5: wocker-fd
     6: bast-fd
     7: ducky-fd
     8: dfc-fd
     9: polo-fd
    10: nz-fd
    11: nyi-fd
    12: supernews-fd
    13: havoc-fd
    14: nezlok-fd
    15: lists-fd
    16: cvsup-nz-fd
    17: w2k-fd
    18: w2kserver-fd
    19: pepper-fd
    20: mtwenty-fd
    21: ngaio-fd
    22: m21-fd
Select Client (File daemon) resource (1-22): 17

[we are now restoring a backup taken from pepper-fd to w3k-fd]

Run Restore job
JobName:    RestoreFiles
Bootstrap:  /home/bacula/working/bacula-dir.2.restore.bsr
Where:      /tmp/bacula-restores
Replace:    always
FileSet:    Full Set
Client:     w2k-fd